Sunday, April 15, 2007

Going Home

Went to my childhood church today. There's something about going back to the familiar. I always feel so at home there.... I had to catch myself because I got a little teary thinking about my grandparents. The message was definitely right one time---and for once, I could actually comprehend what the pastor was saying today. I definitely needed to hear it....

Proverbs 3 (5-6)

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. . .

Considering the tumultuous week I've had... the message really resonated with me. I did not get an interview for a full time teaching position at my college. Initially I was upset, but now I'm learning to let God lead me where he wants me to go. I am not going to let it consume me.

On to brighter things. I met a very interesting person today. I haven't had that kind of conversation in a long time. Refreshing. That's the word. It was so refreshing to meet someone who can converse about a variety of subjects. Definitely a breath of fresh air....

No comments: