Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm Sad. . .

I honestly don't think I can take anymore bad news. 2006 will definitely be a year that I will never forget. I lost my grandfather earlier this month, a good friend of mine lost her mother last week, and Friday I found out that a college friend of ours (me and my sister) would not make it past the weekend.

I am in total shock on so many levels. I met Tonya and Erica our freshman year. I remember them as the TLC girls b/c they were always dressed like TLC. Anyway I introduced them to my sister and the five of us (Erica A., Tsnya, Ericka B, my sister and I) were always together. We went to all of the parties together. Tanya was a natural hair stylist and hooked everybody's hair up for a small fee. Anyway, she, Erica B. and my sister ended up being college roommates and really good friends. Throughout the years our lives have taken us on different paths, but they still managed to keep in touch. Tanya called us on our birthday and I remember hearing the same cheerfulness of her voice. In spite having been diagnosed with cancer, and having her leg amputated, Tanya still remembered to call. Later that month we found out the doctors found additional lumps on her head, and lungs. We always assumed she'd get better-- of the five of us, Tonya was the healthiest and most athletic. It just didn't seem real that she wouldn't get through this. Friday was her 33rd birthday. Today they are going to turn off her breathing machine.... Something is so wrong...we shouldn't have to think about this--we're still young--

No comments: