Wednesday, August 23, 2006

SO I FINALLY HAVE A BLOG

I honestly never thought I'd create a blog. My friend Stephen has been hounding me about creating one for years. I don't know, there's just something very strange about sharing who I am with the world. It's not that I am not internet savvy, or afraid. Heck, I've been online for over ten years. As a matter of fact, Stephen and I, someone with whom I feel is a very good friend, have only met ONCE. Our "cyber" friendship has consisted mostly of email, text messages, and telephone conversations---particularly when either one of us is going through relationship woes.

Alas, here I am blog and all!! Actually, I wouldn't be here if I hadn't been REQUIRED to do an online journal for a creative writing class that I'm taking. The goal was to take a class that would FORCE me to start writing again. Whenever I refer to myself, I always say writer--regardless of what particular "job" title I have, but it has been CRAZY actually trying to fit time in to write. I get so bogged down with work, goals, things I need to do, and things I have to do that being able to "sit" and create has become almost IMPOSSIBLE.

2 comments:

stephenomenal said...

Cograts and welcome to the Blogosphere! It's cheaper than therapy! :)

purpose said...

I feel you, because I'm the same way about my photography. I always have plans to get to it, but between my extra long commute, working too many hours, and all my daily responsibilities - it's just REALLY hard for me to find time for my camera or even working with the photos that I already have and want to do something with.